Monday, February 7, 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to the Medicinal Foods and Acupuncture Blog! This is very exciting for me to have a place to share all of the wonderful knowledge that I have been gathering. First I wanted to share a little about me, I am a Licensed Acupuncturist and an Certified Veterinary Technician with over 11 years of experience working with patients who are interested in optimal health.I am a mom and a dog owner so whatever I share here will be peppered with personal experiences! Over time I have discovered that there is an incredibly strong link between digestion, the foods we ingest, and well, everything else in the body! This is why I am dedicating this blog to helping people figure out how to get optimum nutrition through the use of medicinal foods with a focus on a healthy digestive system. Once the digestive system is working optimally then the symptoms that people are often plagued with will begin to heal themselves. Pain will diminish, skin conditions will clear up, headaches will disappear, weight will begin to stabilize, energy levels will improve, and mental clarity will return. The connection between the gut and the brain will be discussed at length so that people will begin to see how the signs of mental depression or anxiety will be able to be greatly improved with some changes in foods and with the dedication to breathing routines or weekly acupuncture sessions.
This will hopefully be an interactive experience with tons of recipes for you to try, so I welcome all you questions and comments.
All the recipes shared here will be GLUTEN FREE, SUGAR FREE and KID FRIENDLY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment